Friday 10 February 2012

Friday Recommends #2

So it's Friday again, and that means here is exciting Friday Recommends!

Friday Recommends is a feature, hosted by Pen to Paper. I'm quite excited about this new feature as one of the things I love is being able to share the news about a great book.  We've all been there!  After reading a fab book you want to shout out to the world how great it is.

The rules for Friday Recommends are:
  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Help spread the word! The code will be at the bottom of the post under the linky.
  • Pick a book that you've read, and have enjoyed enough to recommend to other readers. It can be a book you've read recently, or a book you read years ago - it's up to you - but make sure you tell us why you love the book (like a mini review). You make the post as long or as short as you like.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of this post after posting your blog post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://vogue-pentopaper.blogspot.com) somewhere in your post.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!

My choice this week is:  Bossypants by Tina Fey

Blurb from Goodreads:

Before Liz Lemon, before "Weekend Update," before "Sarah Palin," Tina Fey was just a young girl with a dream: a recurring stress dream that she was being chased through a local airport by her middle-school gym teacher. She also had a dream that one day she would be a comedian on TV.

She has seen both these dreams come true.

At last, Tina Fey's story can be told. From her youthful days as a vicious nerd to her tour of duty on Saturday Night Live; from her passionately halfhearted pursuit of physical beauty to her life as a mother eating things off the floor; from her one-sided college romance to her nearly fatal honeymoon—from the beginning of this paragraph to this final sentence.

Tina Fey reveals all, and proves what we've all suspected: you're no one until someone calls you bossy.

My Thoughts:

People, who know me well, knows that I hate management, inspirational or in general, non-fiction books.  But, this one book is a major exception.  I never have loved to read non-fiction, but two pages into this book, and I know this book has made it.   Its one of my favorites.  Read my review here to know how much I enjoyed this book. 

This book came as a big surprise for me.  I think some of us would have faced such surprises in our reads.  Wanna to share with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...