Monday 27 February 2012

Monday Musings #5

Monday Musings is a meme hosted by Should be Reading.


This week’s musing asks…
• Do you read books that are part of a series?
• Do you collect all the books in the series before starting? What if the series is brand new, and the only book that’s been published so far is Book one? As subsequent books in the series are published, do you go back and re-read the preceding books?


My answer:

Most of what I read are series.  And no, I don't have the habit of collecting the entire books in the series before starting, unless the book is written by a trusted author and I loved the first book immensely.

If the series is brand new and only one book has been published so far, I will read the first book.  If I enjoyed it, I will definitely go back for the next book.  And re-reading the books are only for some special books like Harry Potter.. ;-)

What's your answer? :-)

5 comments:

  1. I do love me some series! - Although I normally do not go back and read (unless they are just awesome sauce books!) - I pick up where the next one begins!

    See My Musing Monday Here

    Tabby @Insightful Minds
    Come Check Out My - 250 Follower Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love series. If only book one is available, then I impatiently wait for the rest to be published. Is it May yet? I cannot wait for Insurgent!

    Also, I tend to read the preceding books as we get closer to the release of another book in the series. =)

    Check out my 30 Days of The Hunger Games challenge - http://tinybooknook.blogspot.com/2012/02/30-days-of-hunger-games-day-4.html

    Follow me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your answers are a lot like mine. I love series and if they stay exciting I keep reading and collecting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't buy a series in advance, either. I'm with you about re-reading the Potter series, too. That's about the only series I can imagine re-reading.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...