Tuesday 7 February 2012

Teaser Tuesdays #2

 
Teaser Tuesdays... is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I am currently reading "The Promising Light" by Emily Ann Ward.   This is the first book in 'The Protectors' series.

So, here's my teaser from the book:

Larry looked down guiltily and cleared his throat. “Now, Dar, I didn’t think you still had
feelings for Miss Matilda. . .” he trailed off.
 

How had she gotten here so quickly? He turned away from the bar and left the tavern
quickly. As he was untying his horse, two men came out of the tavern doors. “Dar,” the tall,
bulky one called. Kale Saven.
 

Dar decided to play dumb. “Do I know you?”
 

He laughed with his short companion. “Oh, that’s cute. You don’t remember me? You and
your friends stole apples from my yard all the time, even though you had plenty.”


Let me know what you think of this and also, share your teasers with me! :)

9 comments:

  1. Love the teaser! The cover is absolutely adorable! I heart the way the girl's dress flying. Thanks for visiting! Followed you back. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cover and good choice of teaser.
    Here's mine: Sandy's Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, cute teaser. The cover looks interesting. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Following back.

    Jennifer @ Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser. I like the cover.
    Here's my TT for this week:
    http://ttoria.blogspot.com

    TToria
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice teaser and great cover! I haven't heard of this book so will have to check it out. New follower!
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also currently reading this one. Great pick and great teaser!

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser, and thanks for the follow, I'm following back! Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover!!! It sounds pretty cool! Way different from what I am used to reading! It would be a nice change of pace :)
    Stephanie @Steph's Book Corner
    P.S. Thanks for entering my giveaway!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...