Monday 13 February 2012

Teaser Tuesdays #3

 
Teaser Tuesdays... is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I am currently reading "They Still Call Me Sister" by Deborah Plummer Bussey.   This book is a psychological thriller.

Here is the teaser from this book.

I pulled the crumpled notepaper out of my purse. It was impossible to disregard what I had read. I might as well make sure I had deciphered it correctly. At least I could verify with Tina some of these terms. If anyone, she would be able to interpret Chauncey’s jargon.

“Hey, sis, I need your help verifying a few terms that I think I am on the right track of making some sense out of, but just want to make sure?”

“Hold on a second, I’m in Target and need to put this circular end table in the cart. It’s only ninety-nine dollars but I’m going to make it into a three hundred and ninety-nine fee for this client. I can do that.” Tina let out a self-congratulatory laugh.

I was tempted to ask about the ethics of that practice, but quickly ignored the impulse.


So, what are you reading now?

9 comments:

  1. I'm very curious now...thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TT POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Book Strings. Interesting teaser. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by upon a love story great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "This is why the hustler's story-through hip hop-has connected with a global audience. The deeper we get into those sidewalk cracks and into the mind of the young huslter trying to find his fortune there, the closer we get to the ultimate human story, the story of struggle, which defines us all." Page 19, Jay Z, Decoded.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting teaser! I like the cover for the book too =)

    Here's my teasers for this week: http://www.rulethewaves.net/blog/?p=3792

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from the Time for Sharing Tuesday Blog Hop! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting! Now I'm curious about what those terms were..

    My TT!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...