Wednesday 1 February 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #1



Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop conducted by Pen to Paper, where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

The book on my wishlist is "On the Jellicoe Road".


Goodreads Synopsis:

My father took one hundred and thirty two minutes to die.

I counted.

It happened on the Jellicoe Road. The prettiest road I’d ever seen, where trees made breezy canopies like a tunnel to Shangri-La. We were going to the ocean, hundreds of kilometres away, because I wanted to see the ocean and my father said that it was about time the four of us made that journey. I remember asking, “What’s the difference between a trip and a journey?” and my father said, “Narnie, my love, when we get there, you’ll understand,” and that was the last thing he ever said.

We heard her almost straight away. In the other car, wedged into ours so deep that you couldn’t tell where one began and the other ended. She told us her name was Tate and then she squeezed through the glass and the steel and climbed over her own dead – just to be with Webb and me; to give us her hand so we could clutch it with all our might. And then a kid called Fitz came riding by on a stolen bike and saved our lives.

Someone asked us later, “Didn’t you wonder why no one came across you sooner?”

Did I wonder?

When you see your parents zipped up in black body bags on the Jellicoe Road like they’re some kind of garbage, don’t you know?

‘Wonder dies.’


My Thoughts:

This book has been recommended by my Goodreads friends for quite some time..so many excellent reviews about this book!  And after reading the synopsis, I was wishing to buy it soon.  And yeah, the cover is intriguing.   Who knows, maybe I will be gifted this book by someone. :)  Or else I am planning to buy it, anyway.

So, what's on your wishlist?  I would like to see more amazing books.. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting me at Shannon's Tales of Motherhood!
    I follow you back, you have a nice detailed blog,I love to read as well!

    Your World Bloggers Community Friend,
    Shannon F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this sounds good, just added it to my goodreads to read list so I don't forget!

    Abi @ Love of Literature
    www.abilouise-loveofliterature.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You just made me add another book to my "must read" list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should read this one. The last sentence of the synopsis is amazing. Now you have a new follower.

    Jess @ jessysbookends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...