• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
I am currently reading two books - "The Day of First Sun" by Sheryl Steines and "All-American Girl"by Meg Cabot.
Teaser from The Day of First Sun by Sheryl Steines:
Annie landed with a thud in a small clearing of the forest. Her T-shirt had gotten caught by a thick branch of the tree and it knocked her off balance. Cham followed a second later, managing to miss it, landing perfectly with both feet on the ground. The first thing he saw was Annie on the ground, a rip in her sleeve. She rolled her eyes and laughed as he reached down for her, helping her up, and she brushed the dirt from her pants.
"You OK?" he asked, as they made their way out of the clearing through the forest.
"Cut it too close, that's all." So falling in love means you become a klutz, she laughed to herself.
"What's so funny?" Cham asked.
"Me, apparently." She held on to his hand as they neared the market.
Teaser from All-American Girl by Meg Cabot:
Okay, here are the top ten reasons why I can't stand my sister Lucy:
10. I get all her hand-me-downs, even her bras.
9. Whem I refuse to wear her hand-me-downs, especially her bras, I get the big lecture about waste and the environment. Look, I am way concerned about the environment. But that does not mean I want to wear me sister's old bras.I told Mom I see no reason why I should even have to wear a bra, seeing as how it's not like I've got a lot to put in one, causing Lucy to remark that if I don't wear a bra now, then if I ever do get anything up there. it will be all saggy like those tribal women we saw on the Discovery Channel.
8. This is another reason why I can't stand Lucy. Because she is always making these kind of remarks. What we should really do, if you ask me, is send Lucy's old bras to those tribal women.
7. Her conversations on the phone go like this: "No way... So what did he say?... Then what did she say?... No way... That is so totally untrue... I do not. I so do not... Who said that?... Well, it isn't true... No. I do not... I do not like him... Well, okay, maybe I do. Oh, gotta go, call-waiting.”
Do you like my teasers? You could share with me, what you are reading..I would love to know.. :)