Wednesday 9 May 2012

Booking Through Thursday #1

Booking Through Thursday is a Thursday meme held on Booking Through Thursday.

Here is the question for Thursday:

Do you consider yourself an extrovert or an introvert?

Okay, I know what introvert is.  But, I just went to Google search and typed the words - 'introvert meaning', and the first link showed me the following:

Contrary to what most people think, an introvert is not simply a person who is shy. In fact, being shy has little to do with being an introvert! Shyness has an element of apprehension, nervousness and anxiety, and while an introvert may also be shy, introversion itself is not shyness. Basically, an introvert is a person who is energized by being alone and whose energy is drained by being around other people.

Introverts are more concerned with the inner world of the mind. They enjoy thinking, exploring their thoughts and feelings. They often avoid social situations because being around people drains their energy. This is true even if they have good social skills. After being with people for any length of time, such as at a party, they need time alone to "recharge."

This is what the first link had, when I typed in 'extrovert meaning' in Google search.

Most people believe that an extrovert is a person who is friendly and outgoing. While that may be true, that is not the true meaning of extroversion. Basically, an extrovert is a person who is energized by being around other people. This is the opposite of an introvert who is energized by being alone.

Extroverts tend to "fade" when alone and can easily become bored without other people around. When given the chance, an extrovert will talk with someone else rather than sit alone and think. In fact, extroverts tend to think as they speak, unlike introverts who are far more likely to think before they speak. Extroverts often think best when they are talking. Concepts just don't seem real to them unless they can talk about them; reflecting on them isn't enough.

So, according to this meaning, let me analyze where I fall under.

  • I am shy, and even if I don't show, nervous, with new people. - INTROVERT - But, they say shyness alone doesn't mean that the person is INTROVERT.
  • I always need some friends or family to be around with me to feel comfortable. - EXTROVERT
  • Almost 100% of the times, I speak as I think, which feels like the most normal thing to do for me. - EXTROVERT
  • Most of the times, I get great ideas, only when I explain them to someone else. - EXTROVERT
Wow, I never thought until now that I could be an EXTROVERT.  But, see..

I AM AN EXTROVERT!!!

So, what are you - an introvert or extrovert?

6 comments:

  1. Haha, I knew that already, but I still think it's kinda funny that you discovered extrovert although you expected introvert. I think it's nice, though. =)
    Thanks for sharing, and stepping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just conflicted ;) Like you and a lot of others I think it's all about the company. Great post!

    My BTT

    @TCAbn The Motley Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you've got a good example in this post alone. You reflect, you make discoveries, and then you share!
    There are both sides to me as well :)
    http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.se/2012/05/btt-turning-myself-inside-out.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the shy thing and after really thinking, I knew I'd end up with my answer! :)

    -Shanise @ Camisado Mind

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting. As I read the differences between the two, I am an innie, whereas my husband is an outie. How the old saying goes "Opposites attract."

    Thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I am clearly the one who thinks an introvert means being shy and an extrovert means being outgoing. Thank you for clearing that up. It may affect my answer lol.
    You can see my BTT post here

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...