Tuesday 11 September 2012

Review: Pushing the Limits

Original Title: Pushing the Limits
Series: Pushing the Limits #1
Author: Katie McGarry
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: July 31st 2012
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Young-adult

US / UK Cover


No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.

REVIEW

Okay, if you don't know about this book, let me say it.  For the past few days, this is the most hyped book in Goodreads.  And I was like -- "Oh God, all my friends like it..I want to read this now."  So, I just went to NetGalley and requested for it.  As always, every book blogger's favorite publisher, Harlequin, provided the ARC of this novel immediately.  I was like "YAY" and dancing around with my Kindle.  Then even in the midst of all my more important personal works, I started reading it.............

Now, I am finished with this novel.  And I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO.  Why?  Because I don't have any idea, why this book became so popular.

Yeah, I was drawn to it and I loved it sometimes.  But this just didn't feel natural.  I want to complete this novel and see it somehow end.  But, I don't have any interest on Noah, just because they say he has great abs and he is bad (which he is not).  And I can't bring myself to care for Echo, just because she goes from a hot popular girl to a depressing cry-baby (okay, that's an exaggeration..but only a little bit).  Nope, this all seem somehow 'forced'!



This story has depth, characters, chemistry and all things that you need for a romance.  And the problem is I didn't 'feel' any romance forming between the two teens..just two damaged teenagers trying to understand each other.  I am a fan of Perfect Chemistry and Graffiti Moon.  So, this should have been a perfect book for me..  I, myself, am shocked that I can't connect with it.

Sorry, more melodramatic for me!  And thus the characters stays disconnected with me throughout the novel.

Will I read the next one in the series?  Undecided!
Will I recommend it?  Nope, but maybe you can give it a try from your library.

Rating: 2.5 STARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...