Wednesday 12 December 2012

Guest Post: My Trickster by Serafima Bogomolova

Original Title: My Trickster
Author: Serafima Bogomolova
Publisher: Souliris UK Ltd
Release Date: February 23rd 2012
Genre: Suspense, Thriller


When enigmatic Angela Moreaux, a woman he thought he had exorcised from his brain, calls and asks for his help, reluctant, but unable to resist, a hedge fund owner and an expert in stock market manipulation, Juan MacBride flies out to Moscow. On his arrival a bitter disappointment awaits him as he finds out that Angela fails to show up for their meeting in the Ritz. Instead, Juan is greeted by an elderly Swiss gentleman, who passes a mysterious note to him embarking Juan on a journey of discoveries that he wishes he never made…


What are the mistakes you see in beginner writers?

- Guest Post by Serafima Bogomolova

I can’t say for others since I don’t look for mistakes others do, but I can talk about myself.

I don’t think there are mistakes as such, rather there are learning paths and experiences we all go through while doing something. My learning path took start in loving books and reading a lot, then I moved onto having an urge to write and express myself. And finally, I found myself in a situation where I was suddenly faced with the task of writing a book in a foreign language (originally I am Russian). What I have learnt is to trust myself and have faith in what I do and my skills and abilities. I have also learnt to trust my intuition and use it while writing without thinking too much about structure, plot, and strategies.

Writing is an intimate process and what we learn along the way is very personal. It’s a subjective experience that cannot be replicated or blindly compared to anyone else’s. However, there are some similarities in writing experiences and common traits that all writers can relate to.

Perhaps the biggest lesson I learnt that success can’t happen overnight, it is a gradual process, and the more you learn and grow, the closer to success you become.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...