Friday 23 August 2013

Diamonds and Toads: A Modern Fairy Tale by K.E. Saxon | Review

Hmm, I am still thinking of what I would rate this novel.  Actually, I am still thinking whether I liked it or not..

Maybe, I will come to a conclusion at the end of this review.


Original Title: Diamonds and Toads: A Modern Fairy Tale
Author: K.E. Saxon
Publisher: Passion Flower Publishing
Release Date: September 23rd 2011
Source:Review copy from the publisher
Genre: Fantasy, Erotica, Fairy-tales

Sugar and spice and everything nice...and, oh yes, naughty—times twice. 

Together, sweet Delilah and wicked Isadora make the perfect woman. But the Perrault family fairy is a troublemaker and imbues diamonds upon one sister and toads upon the other. Now up is down and down is up in a world where no good deed goes unpunished. Leather, blindfolds, and handcuffs purge sweet of all reserve. A few misspoken words of lust gives wicked a whole new meaning. 

Once upon a time, there were two sisters, one cursed and one blessed by fairy magic… 

Bibbidee-bobbidi-boo, They’re naughty. How about you?

REVIEW

Delilah and Isadora are step-sisters in the Perrault family.  While Delilah is innocent and shy, Isadora, with her typical model-like body, is so outgoing, but mean to others.  The fate of these two sisters is decided when the Perrault family fairy blesses Delilah with diamonds and curses Isadora from the power of speech.

Actually, I think both the sisters are blessed, but differently, based on their attitudes.  Because it lead to good things in the end.  The sisters are strong and lovable.  Each have their reasons for being who they are.  And I was able to understand their positions well, because most of us are facing/hearing those issues often.  I enjoyed the way with which the author brought out both the stories in one situation, like during the marriage of Delilah, Isadora is already cursed, and the readers didn't know about it yet.

When I picked up this novel, I seriously didn't expect the plot to be like this.  What I explained above is not the story actually, it's the base.  The main story contains erotic contents as well.  Well, I am not complaining about that.  But, I think the title is the problem for me.  I am reading erotica in a fairy tale.  That statement sounds bad, right?  That's exactly my problem with the book.

Still thinking..

Did I like the book?  Yes
Do I have anything that I don't like?  Yes - the title and the guilty feeling that I have
Do you want to read more about this?  While I enjoyed this novel, I don't think I want to read it again or even read more about it.

The rating is 3.5 stars then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...