Friday 15 November 2013

ARC Review: Crash Into You by Katie McGarry

Isaiah's book - the happy ending of another troubled teen - was much awaited by the fans of "Pushing the Limits" series, especially after Beth broke his heart so terribly. 


Original Title: Crash Into You
Series: Pushing the Limits #3
Author: Katie McGarry
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: November 26th, 2013
Source: Review copy from the publisher
Genre: Contemporary Romance

From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless streak, a street-smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane 

The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind. 

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look. 

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.

REVIEW

Isaiah was a bad boy, an orphan even though he has a mom and made with an attitude that would make you whimper.  This was him, until the second book of the series, "Dare You To".  Only in this book, we see that he is terribly damaged, lonely and caring on the inside.  Well, the guy needs money and he drag races.  There comes Rachel, who is also racing, for the first time in her life.  The story starts from there at full speed with high torque.

Isaiah's mom has come out of jail and still hadn't seen him and I just hate her for hurting our guy no matter her stupid reasons.  And Rachel's family... well, I feel so angry just thinking about them.  Not one soul to stand up for Rachel and tell that she is still having panic attacks, every time she is in front of a crowd.  I can't blame her to be away from them, escaping into her car, which is her only safe haven.  I felt sorry for her, but at the same time, felt proud when she had the courage to drag race, cut classes, fall in love with Isaiah and stand up to her family.

The romance between Isaiah and Rachel is like... boom!  *Sparks fly, cars crash, buildings blow* boom!  The couple impressed me. They are both already grown up, unlike most characters in other novels.  But, they had been through so much that they forgot to live.  They definitely needed each other.  I just swooned when Isaiah said this:

"You can ignore me, Rachel, and you can try to treat me as a friend, but none of that will erase the fact that I think about kissing you every second I'm awake and dream at night of my hands on your body. And it sure as hell won't erase that I'm terrified by how much I like you."

I am not much into cars, but this novel made me feel otherwise.  Maybe, those machineries are not for me, but, I definitely see them differently now.

It's great to see the old characters, as in every series.  I am not a big fan of Noah and Echo, but I loved Ryan and Beth, and now, much more impressed with Isaiah and Rachel.  I will definitely continue with the series.

The ending was perfect.  At one time, there was a smart writing where I thought..well, wait, this is a spoiler.  Anyway, the climax was great.

Good work, Katie!  One of my favorite romances this year!  A compelling read!

You want me to sum it up?  Here it is!

Image source: http://weheartit.com/entry/48211722


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...